FX18 is the workshop for graduates of the Foundation Workshop.
It will take place concurrently with the FW18 on January 16-20, 2018 in Glen Rose, TX at the same hotel. FX18 and FW18 students will participate in some activities together but FX18 will not intrude on the structure of FW18.
– FX18 students will be challenged with coming up with their own photo story assignments within a specific location and work independently to photograph, edit, and present slideshows of their stories.
– there will be additional rules and restrictions to make it more difficult for the students
– there will be no teams and no public critiques of photos
– the slideshows will be presented to the entire FX18 and FW18 workshops at the presentation night
– for the first year, we are only accepting up to 10 FX students
– students must be present at the workshop for the entire 5 days and have a rental car. However, you probably will not be super busy the whole 5 days so you can get some regular work done
– IT’S NOT EASY!
Dates: January 16-20, 2018 (Tuesday – Saturday = 5 days)
Location: Glen Rose, TX (near Dallas – Ft. Worth)
Number of students: up to 10
Tuition: $1,000 USD per student for tuition only. Students are responsible for their own travel, lodging, car rental (required), some meals, and incidental expenses.
To apply, please use the form: Application Form
There is no deadline but we will be selecting the students very soon.
Tentative Schedule: (subject to changes)
Day 0 Monday Jan. 15, 2018 – travel day, everyone arrives, pre-workshop dinner at 7 pm
Day 1 Tuesday Jan. 16 – Workshop
Day 2 Wednesday Jan. 17 – Workshop
Day 3 Thursday Jan. 18 – Workshop
Day 4 Friday Jan. 19 – Workshop
Day 5 Saturday Jan. 20 – Workshop
Day 6 Monday Jan. 21 – travel day, everyone departs for home